Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Ann Arbor Farmer's Market

So I mentioned already that I was recently on a trip to Ann Arbor and of course I visited the farmer's market. I actually really liked the market, lots of fresh produce, a nice atmosphere and of course some beautiful wonky vegetables......








I also got a tamale with beef. It was my first time having a tamale and I did enjoy it, it also came with a really nice coleslaw-esque side



I also got some good fresh bread that was stuffed with garlic. I love garlic and may try making my own bread filled with garlic soon....



Overall I enjoyed my trip to the farmer's market but the only strange thing was that some of the vendors weren't the nicest. Like bread lady although she made nice garlicy bread twists she was sort of mean, like she knew her bread was class and didn't care about being nice to people. Also I asked some guy about his produce as it looked really interesting.....


He told me they were bitter melons. When I asked him what you do with him he replied 'I sell them', although I was impressed by an American using sarcasm I still thought that this was a kinda rude way to talk to a potential customer. Perhaps he had consumed too many bitter melons.....


Christina, x

No comments:

Post a Comment