Sunday, 4 August 2013

Cheese, please?

In America people keep asking me what's the main food I miss from home. Usually I am indecisive about things but I always answer this question with a resounding 'CHEESE'. People always look at me a bit strangely as they are like well we actually have cheese here. But here's the problem American cheese tastes like plastic and any imported cheese is super expensive. There is a cute cheese stall at the Lansing City Market.....

but it is pretty pricey.....


I had anticipated this problem before I came as I remember last summer walking around Target with my roommate who grew up in Vienna screaming 'Who wants to pay $8 for  slice of President Brie?!?'. So I had a bit of a cheese fest before I left home. Mar got me a pound of my favourite Durrus cheese...


I'm not ashamed to say I ate half of it....


...and I made an epic grilled cheese with some yummy corn bread...



....doesn't it look like sunshine?



If anyone would like to ship me over a slab of Durrus cheese it would be really appreciated.

Christina, x

No comments:

Post a Comment